Friday 25 September 2009

My baby is 1 and my tot is 3!

This week my baby turned 1! He is now nearly a toddler rather than a baby and this makes me sad :( I'm thinking more and more about baby number 3 now but it doesn't seem to be happening at the moment despite me cutting their feeds down to bedtime only. Anyway, baby turned one this week and tot turned 3 last week and to celebrate we had a party with all their family and friends in our garden at the weekend. We had a ball pit and their aunty and uncle kindly bought them a slide as a joint present. There was party food and Thomas the Tank Engine cake for baby and Henry Tank Engine for tot (which I made - had been stressing over them for weeks but they turned out okay - not perfect - but good enough for the tots to be happy with them!). It was a lovely day but I am only regretful of one thing: that I didn't try and enjoy more of it. I guess this is difficult to do if you want to be the perfect hostess! I was in the kitchen practically all day preparing food, getting drinks (coffee orders were high due to my nice new Gaggia!) and tidying up. At the end of the day I had to ask my husband if tot had played well with his friends and he had to fill me in on what happened for most of the afternoon out in the garden as I was so pre-occupied doing things. I wish I could have spent more time enjoying the moment with everyone. So I will have to come up with a better plan for next year! At least everyone else had a good time though and the two stars of the show had a ball so that's the main thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment