Monday 29 June 2009

A new baby

It's 8.15pm and 27 degrees here - which is very warm for the UK! My best friend had a baby today! A little boy called Luca, 8lb 1 oz born a few days early at home. We are going to visit him on wednesday and it is already making me feel broody again - or maybe it's the weather?! I'm hoping that I will be able to conceive again soon, however, my baby is still feeding a lot. Although he is 9 months he does not eat many solids. He has never liked being spoon fed so he is a baby-led weaner - which basically means he only eats finger food/food that he can feed himself. This is great in terms of independence - he will skip the whole being fed stage - but not so good in the sense that he isn't filled up by food and still needs a fair bit of milk from me. However, the last week or so he has been going down in his cot around the same time his brother goes to bed about 8pm and staying there anytime from 2am til 4am. The ONLY thing that makes him sleep mind you in his cot on his own is the Radiohead album "In Rainbows" particularly the track Wierd Fishes/Arpeggio seems to soothe him. He has been so used to sleeping next to me that he always cries when he is left alone, we just discovered his love for Radiohead in Cornwall when I was too busy trying to get his brother off to sleep so his dad had to try and get him to sleep! So he is going longer without milk, but not long enough for me to be able to conceive again yet :( ! And maybe not as long as this hot weather lasts - it's too warm for him to sleep this evening and at the moment he is currently sitting on the floor by my feet giggling and chatting "mummas" and trying to get on the move while trying to chew on my big toe - happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment